It can be hard to find the best under eye masks for thyroid purple eyes that actually work. Also, it’s quite a common issue since the market is saturated with hundreds of options.
Although dark circles are a common problem, it is more so in people suffering from thyroid conditions. Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can cause dark purple circles and undereye bags.
Besides, the skin under the eye is 40% thinner than the rest of the skin. So, it is easier to see if there is something wrong underneath.
You can use various products to help conceal or treat dark circles. Yet nothing can work like under-eye masks with the right formula. Once you apply them, they will start hydrating, soothing, and energizing your skin immediately.
Dark circles are usually triggered by various factors such as fatigue, dehydration, and more. When you are suffering from hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, it can contribute to these factors. It especially contributes to dehydration. This makes your under eyes appear purple.
The skin around your eyes needs water to stay healthy and beautiful. Thyroid disease promotes fluid retention in various parts of your body, including around the eyes. This can cause your skin to pull down, create bags, and under eye dark circles.
Additionally, when your body does not secrete the optimal amount of thyroid hormone, it can negatively impact your body’s metabolism. This will further affect your sleep to create dark circles around your eyes.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Picks for the Best Under Eye Masks for Thyroid Purple Dark Circles
- 1.1 Pros
- 1.2 Cons
- 1.3 Pros
- 1.4 Cons
- 1.5 11. Elemis Pro-Collagen Hydra-Gel Eye Masks – Best for Mature Skin
- 1.6 12. Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches – Best Botanical Care
- 1.7 13. Mila Moursi Eye Masks for Dark Circles and Puffiness – Best for Brighter Under Eye Area
- 1.8 14. Soon 24K Gold Eye Mask – Best for Collagen Boosting
- 1.9 15. Patchology Rejuvenating Under Eye Gels – Best Under Eye Mask With Caffeine
- 1.10 16. La Pure Luxury Collagen Eye Mask – Best for Dry Skin
- 1.11 17. Cedlize Under Eye Collagen Eye Mask – Best for Deep Moisturizing
- 1.12 18. Under Eye Mask for Dark Circles by Ana Calés – Best for Normal Skin
- 1.13 19. SiO Beauty Super EyeLift – Best for Damage Control
- 1.14 20. Premium Under Eye Mask for Dark Circles by Kinpur – Best Green Tea Extract Under Eye Mask
- 1.15 21. Under Eye Patches for Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles by Onoeye Store – Best Formula
- 2 Things to Keep in Mind Before Choosing Under Eye Masks for Thyroid Purple Dark Circles – A Comprehensive Buyer’s Guide
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Parting Thoughts
Top Picks for the Best Under Eye Masks for Thyroid Purple Dark Circles
Here are some of the best products you can try for thyroid dark circles:
- Patchology Eye Gels Under Eye Patches for Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes – Best for Long-Term Results
This product is one of the best ways to get rid of those dark circles. You can see results within two to four days after use. Plus, you only have to apply it for about five minutes for the best results, although you can use it for longer.
- Contains coconut extract, hibiscus, and rose
- Effective within five to 10 minutes of usage
- Infused with tea for extra antioxidants
- The product is paraben-free and 100% vegan
- Inexpensive and well-reputed product
- Available in 4 different flavors
- Easy to use under eye gel mask
- Helps with puffy eyes in addition to dark circles
- Sticks to your face after some time
- Soften, hydrate and condition skin
- Aromatherapy has an uplifting effect on the senses
- Hibiscus petal-infused eye gels
- LA PURE 24K Gold Eye Treatment Masks– Best Gold Under Eye Mask
This under-eye treatment mask contains 24K gold in addition to various other active ingredients. It is very effective in reducing dark circles by moisturizing and hydrating your eye zone. Besides, you can see the results in about 15 to minutes after applying them.
- Contains hyaluronic acid and plant-based collagen
- Can add shine to dull under-eye in addition to reducing dark circles
- Easy to apply and take off
- Instant moisturizing and rejuvenation
- Rich in antioxidants
- Suitable for all skin types
- Affordable pricing
- The brand offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Requires continuous usage of 3 to 4 times a week for a month and a half
- 24k Gold Eye Care - Our under-eye patches for dark circles contain 24k gold! Used as skin treatment throughout history. Gold expels toxins, hydrates skin, and increases circulation. cellular metabolism expels toxins, reduces bags, and reduces wrinkles!
- Collagen Eye Patches and Red Algae Extract - Collagen stimulates and regenerates skin cells and red algae is naturally high in antioxidants, kills free radicals, and brightens and balances skin tones. Improving your skin texture, plumping, and color.
- Hyaluronic Acid Skin Care Mask - A skin hydration powerhouse, hyaluronic acid helps your skin retain water, providing unequaled moisturization resulting in firmer under eye skin, decreased wrinkles, and lighter dark circles under eye treatment.
- Grape Seed Extract and Rosehip Oil - GSE assist with skin contraction to smooth wrinkles and lines. Rose seed extract brightens and heals skin, increases elasticity, fights acne, and promotes collagen production.
- Dermatologically Tested for Men and Women - Our cruelty free tested ingredients are not tested on animals, only on clinical test volunteers, so you can feel good about our products! Feel good about reducing your crows' feet, dark circles under eyes, eye puffiness, free radicals, and wrinkles.
- RéVive Masque Des Yeux Revitalizing Eye Mask – Best Luxury Eye Mask
This luxury eye mask can help in reducing dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles around your eyes. It is one of the best under eye masks for menopause dark circles. Further, it has an excellent formula that soothes and protects your skin from further damage.
- Contains Hyaluronic filling spheres
- Can see results after using 1 or 2 times a week overnight
- Natural yeast extract improves the energized appearance
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Safe for contact lens wearers
- Highly-reputed brand
- Encourages elasticity around your eye area
- Can use overnight
- Very Expensive
- A concentrated eye mask that firms and diminishes the appearance of puffiness, lines and wrinkles around the eye area.
- This luxuriously moisturizing formula increases hydration, soothes and protects skin around the eyes, providing an energized, youthful appearance. In addition, it plumps, firms and encourages elasticity around the delicate eye area to help diminish fine lines, wrinkles, and puffiness.
- Hyaluronic Filling Spheres firm and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Natural yeast extract provide an energized appearance to the eye area, while also soothing and protecting the delicate skin around the eye.
- 30 g / 1 oz.
- Soon Skincare Hydrating Under Eye Mask with Collagen – Best for Rejuvenation
This skincare product has an excellent formula that addresses all issues around the under-eye area. You can use it for discoloration as well as dryness which is common with thyroid problems. Additionally, the formula offers exfoliation with ingredients such as lemon and caffeine.
- Contains antioxidants and collagen
- The scented mask can help you feel rejuvenated
- Maintains plump around the eye
- You can see results after 20 minutes of usage
- You can use the leftover serum on the face
- Can use it as a make-up prep as well
- Available in two flavors: Blueberry and Pomegranate
- Sticks perfectly well under the eye
- Serum evaporates rapidly after you open the lid
- Peter Thomas Roth Under Eye Gold Hydro-Gel Mask – Best for Under Eye Nourishing
This is one of the best under eye masks for menopause dark circles. It has 24K gold, glycerin, and more active ingredients that will effectively reduce dark circles. Furthermore, it can slow down the breakdown of collagen and increase the elasticity of the skin.
- Contains Niacinamide that fights hyperpigmentation
- Rose extract has anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains antioxidants that can nourish your skin
- Masks are made from hydrogel material which makes the absorption very effective
- Can brighten your under-eye area within a few uses
- Gold extracts will lift and give firmness
- Easy to apply, remove, and pat
- Reliable results
- Not suitable for people with dry skin
- Dermatologist tested
- Reduced dark circles
- 100 percent authentic
- Matcha Green Tea Extract Under Eye Patches by NBCT – Best Travel Under Eye Care
In addition to providing an instant recognizable moisturizing effect, it can remove dark circles upon regular usage. The active ingredients can stimulate and regenerate skin cells. Plus, you can use it for smile lines as well as under your eyes.
- Has a fresh scent
- Suitable for all skin types
- Pearl powder, glycerin, and aqua that intensifies the result
- Matcha and green tea extracts help in rejuvenating your skin
- Provides deep hydration
- Comes with a spoon for daily usage
- The patch is 100% medical grade silicone
- Packaging is convenient for traveling
- Some people can find it to be too slimy
- 24K Gold Under Eye Mask for Dark Circles and Puffiness by Dermora – Best for Puffiness
These small and light under-eye mask packs are amazing. They are one of the best under eye masks for thyroid dark circles for two major reasons. Number one, it hydrates your skin effectively, and number two, it is super easy to use.
- Contains Castor oil that can make your skin healthy and shiny
- 24K gold extract removes dark circles and puffy eyes
- Hyaluronic acid helps in maintaining moisture
- Suitable for sensitive skin as well
- Comes in travel size packs
- Contains real 24K gold
- Instant brightening and hydration
- Nourishes under skin cells
- Although it is suitable for sensitive skin, some people may experience a burning sensation after putting them on
- Clé de Peau Beauté Vitality-Enhancing Eye Mask Supreme – Best for Delicate Eye Area
This is an intensely hydrating mask that helps reduce dark circles and dryness caused by thyroid and menopause. The serum-infused mask reduces the deep-set discoloration and restores a healthy complexion. Plus, it contains 4MSK and Vitamin C Ethyl that can help in preventing dark spots in the future.
- Contains Hyaluronic acid that improves suppleness
- Provides long-lasting hydration
- Iris Extract aids in giving a plump appearance to your under-eye skin
- The sheet mask is serum infused
- Provides visibly well-rested under eye
- Excellent results with only one or two uses
- Contains theanine that reduces overall under eye damage
- All refined ingredients
- Pricing is expensive
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Under Eye Patches – Best for Bringing Back Firmness
These are some of the most concentrated under-eye masks with high-quality ingredients. It contains extensin, hexapeptide, and advanced antioxidants. As a result, it can visibly reduce dark circles and improve firmness.
- Transdermal gel masks infuse highly potent ingredients
- Contains ginkgo Biloba leaf extracts that improve blood flow in the under-eye area
- Hydrolyzed extensin locks in moisture
- Contains pollution-free Icelandic Glacial Water
- Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and superfruits
- Tested by dermatologist and ophthalmologist
- A cutting-edge delivery system ensures excellent results
- Provides additional cooling
- You can use it every time you need a quick fix
- Not effective on heavy dark circles
- Patchology – All Eyes on You Under Eye Patches for Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes Care – Best for Overall Under Eye Care
If you are battling with various under-eye issues caused by thyroid or menopause, this can be an amazing choice for you. It is a grab-and-go set of patches that provides overall under-eye care. Plus, the kit contains two FlashPatch Rejuvenating Eye Gel, two FlashPatch Restoring Night Eye Gel, and two FlashPatch Illuminating Eye Gel.
- Contains caffeine that smoothens and depuffs your under eyes
- Night gels contain Retinol and Peptides
- Illuminating eye gels decrease uneven pigmentation
- Vitamin C and pearlescent minerals that trap moisture
- Overall, under-eye care for affordable pricing
- The green tea scent gives a refreshing feeling
- Easy to use as required and every day
- Contains numerous active ingredients for effective results
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
11. Elemis Pro-Collagen Hydra-Gel Eye Masks – Best for Mature Skin
Elemis is a luxury British skincare brand that offers numerous beauty and skincare products. This eye mask product is one of their most improvised products. Essentially, these masks provide smoothness, contour, and deep moisturizing to your skin.
- Contains plankton and Padina Pavonica that improves suppleness and firmness in the under-eye area
- Hyaluronic acid provides instant smoothness to the skin surface
- Chlorella Vulgaris removes discoloration
- Suitable for mature skin
- Results are exceptional
- Provides intense moisture and locks it
- Includes six single-use eye masks in the package
- Clinically proven reduction of dark circles and fine lines
- Quite difficult to use
12. Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches – Best Botanical Care
If you are looking for a more natural product with botanical ingredients, this can be an excellent choice for you. It contains plant-based ingredients that have softening and soothing properties. Further, it is tested by dermatologists and ophthalmologists.
- Has a dual-phase formula that enhances its qualities
- Cornflower water soothes the under-eye area
- Ingredients are harvested organically in France
- 90% visible reduction of dark circles
- Contains Arnica and Chamomile
- Diminishes fine lines in addition to dark circles
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Castor seed oils reduce puffiness
- Not the easiest to use
13. Mila Moursi Eye Masks for Dark Circles and Puffiness – Best for Brighter Under Eye Area
This triple-action mask contains a wide range of active ingredients that can improve the tone and radiance of your under-eye. It contains apple stem cells, royal jelly, lactic acid, chamomile flower, and hyaluronic acid. Besides, this premium beauty product is lightweight and creates a smooth finish.
- Triple action reduces dark circles dramatically
- The eye mask boosts micro-circulation in the eye areas
- Glycine keeps your skin hydrated
- Bio cellulose gives a firmer and brighter under eye
- Easy to use
- Impressive results within 20 to 13 minutes
- Maintains radiant skin longer after usage
- Offers UVA and UVB protection
- Very expensive
14. Soon 24K Gold Eye Mask – Best for Collagen Boosting
Soon 24K gold eye masks are packed with ingredients that boost blood circulation and improves puffiness. By placing one eye patch under each eye after cleansing for 20 minutes, you can reduce dark circles within a few weeks. Additionally, the gold offers a glowing complexion to your under-eye area.
- Contains aqua and glycerin that improves moisture
- Has various soothing ingredients
- Patches under the eyes perfectly
- The renewed formula provides excellent results
- Improves blood circulation around your eye
- Removes wrinkles and fine lines
- Easy to use
- You can apply the leftover serum to your face
- Fragrance can be too strong
15. Patchology Rejuvenating Under Eye Gels – Best Under Eye Mask With Caffeine
If you are looking for a fast fix for your eyes, this can be an amazing choice. This is the third effective Patchology product in this list of the best under eye masks for thyroid dark circles. Besides, it helps with puffy eyes as well.
- Has a HydraSurge5 moisture system which is highly effective
- Contains accelerating ingredients
- Caffeine reduces puffiness
- Centella Asiatica and hydrolyzed collagen clears dark circles
- Can see results in 2 to 4 days after using
- Makes your under-eye area smoother and brighter
- Works in just 5 minutes
- Affordable pricing
- Can slide off sometimes
16. La Pure Luxury Collagen Eye Mask – Best for Dry Skin
This luxury mask can dramatically decrease your dark cells. It can restore elasticity, improve firmness, and hydrate your skin. Furthermore, it contains high-quality ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, that can retain moisture.
- It Contains rose essential oil that is excellent for dry skin
- Has aromatherapy properties that can soothe your eye area
- Comes with plant collagen that can rejuvenate your skin
- Contains grape seed extract, which provides complete care for your under-eye area
- Has 50 times more antioxidants than other similar products
- It is very soothing for the eyes
- Pricing is affordable
- Contains Vitamin E and Vitamin C
- Contains a lot of chemicals
17. Cedlize Under Eye Collagen Eye Mask – Best for Deep Moisturizing
This 24K gold energizing mask provides solutions for various under-eye issues. It contains ingredients such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, and more that helps in restoring moisture. Furthermore, it cleans your under-eye area, keeps it warm and dry.
- Key ingredients provide long-lasting hydration
- Amino acids restore elasticity and provide firmness
- Has a powerful antioxidant called Coenzyme Q10
- Contains Vitamins A and C
- Effective within 15 to 10 minutes of usage
- Soft and gentle on your skin
- Contains only high-quality ingredients
- Deals with fine lines and puffy eyes along with dark circles
- Can slide down your face often
18. Under Eye Mask for Dark Circles by Ana Calés – Best for Normal Skin
These masks are infused with witch hazel, collagen, seaweed, and hyaluronic acid. So, they can help in repairing tired and damaged under eye within few weeks. Plus, it has a wonderful rose scent.
- Transparent masks offer flexible usage
- Moisturizes deeply and retains it very well
- Collagen is from hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Witch hazel removes puffiness and fine lines
- Suitable for normal and dry skin
- The package includes 15 sealed collagen eye masks
- Has an excellent non-slip design
- Very affordable pricing
- Not suitable for oily skin
19. SiO Beauty Super EyeLift – Best for Damage Control
These overnight masks reduce dark circles and smoothen the wrinkles effectively. It can reduce sun damage and other damages to your under eye due to menopause or thyroid. Additionally, the patches are made of medical-grade silicone.
- Masks are reusable
- It is safe for sensitive skin
- Medical-grade silicones have a wound-healing technology
- The patches create a closed, breathable micro-climate
- Easy to use
- Works all night for up to 6 to 8 hours
- Patches adhere very well to the skin
- Effects are clinically tested
- Patches can fall off when you sweat in the night
20. Premium Under Eye Mask for Dark Circles by Kinpur – Best Green Tea Extract Under Eye Mask
These eye masks are one of the best under eye masks for menopause dark circles. It can visibly reduce dark circles, smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. Plus, it reduces the appearance of saggy, puffy, and tired under-eyes.
- Provides all-around under-eye skincare
- Matcha and aloe extracts provide extra soothing and cooling
- Active ingredients support nourishment
- Works in less than 20 minutes
- Suitable for all skin types
- Contains Jojoba oil, tea oil, and aloe vera oil
- Abundant in Vitamins B, C, and E
- You can leave it overnight as well
- The eye masks can drip liquid and cause a mess
21. Under Eye Patches for Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles by Onoeye Store – Best Formula
The last product on this list, under-eye masks by Onoeye store, offers various benefits. It has an excellent formula composed of natural ingredients such as deionized water, glycerin, and green plant extracts. Besides, it is highly effective on all kinds of skin.
- Natural ingredients promote blood circulation
- The vitamins in the formula relieve eye fatigue
- Hydrogel eye patch enhances moisture content
- Collagen content lightens dark circles
- Can smooth out your skin
- Multi-functional since you can use it on forehead and mouth as well
- Restores skin elasticity
- Easy to use patches since you do not have to rinse after removal
- The adhesive is not very good
Things to Keep in Mind Before Choosing Under Eye Masks for Thyroid Purple Dark Circles – A Comprehensive Buyer’s Guide
Skincare brands keep tossing terms like ‘instant solution,’ ‘hydrating effect,’ and more. With all these obscuring terms, it can get confusing when you want to decide on an under eye mask that works for you.
So, what to look for in an under-eye mask? In this section, I will explain the factors you should consider before purchasing this skincare product in detail.
Thyroid conditions prevent moisture retention under your eyes, which is the major reason for the appearance of dark circles. Therefore, moisturizing ingredients in these masks can help you retain the moisture and, in turn, its benefits.
These ingredients will hydrate your skin; as a result, they will improve blood circulation. This will, in turn, decrease discoloration and improves your under-eye conditions.
Here are some of the vital moisturizing ingredients to look for:
- Lactic acid
- Fatty alcohols
- Jojoba oil
- Cocoa butter
- Hyaluronic acid
Antioxidants are compounds that repress oxidation, a reaction that can lead to free radicals that can damage cells. These compounds come with various health benefits, including improvement of overall immunity. Additionally, it is good for your under eyes as well.
It can reduce pigmentation, which will further reduce dark circles. Besides, it will prevent further damages to the cells that can cause discoloration. Therefore, look for antioxidants in your under mask for the best results.
Thyroid conditions can affect your body’s metabolism, which can impact your vitamin intake negatively. Therefore, it is vital to restore vitamins to get rid of dark circles.
Furthermore, maintaining the essential amount of vitamins can eliminate and prevent under eye dark circles. Some of the most important vitamins that can help you tackle this issue are Vitamin A, C, E, and K. Hence, remember to look for these vitamins in your skincare mask.
Sensitivities and Allergies
You should be aware of your skin type and its sensitivities before using an under-eye mask. Plus, you should double-check the ingredients even if the label says ‘100% natural’ or ‘organic ingredients only.’
Sometimes even natural ingredients can cause irritation or allergic reactions. Furthermore, you should discontinue using any of these products immediately if you feel any irritation, itching, or redness.
Here are some of the ingredients you should avoid. You may not be allergic to them, but they are harmful in the long run:
- Parabens (benzyl paraben, methylparaben, isobutyl paraben, ethyl paraben etc.)
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Can Thyroid Issues Cause Dark Purple Circles Under My Eyes?
Yes, thyroid conditions can cause dark purple eye circles. In fact, it is one of the primary signs in your facial skin that can indicate thyroid conditions.
Dark circles appear around your eyes when your skin does not have enough hydrants. Thyroid conditions increase liquid retention, which will create dark circles around eyes as well as puffy eyes.
- Do Eye Masks Help Dark Circles?
Yes, under eye masks are very helpful if you want to reduce your dark circles. Generally, they are very effective on all types of skin as long as you use masks infused with high-quality ingredients.
In addition to reducing under-eye discoloration, these patches will reduce puffiness and fine lines. Furthermore, it can deeply moisturize your skin and prevent the further formation of these dark circles.
- Can You Sleep with Under Eye Masks?
The answer depends on the type of mask you are using. Most masks in the market work in about 10 to 25 minutes. So, if you choose to use these masks, you cannot sleep while wearing them.
On the other hand, if you prefer an overnight mask, there’s plenty of options too. In the case of an overnight mask, it can help you sleep better with its cooling and soothing effects.
All the 21 options in this list of under eye masks for purple eyes work on dark circles. If I had to pick just one product, I would definitely recommend Patchology Eye Gels Under Eye Patches for Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes.
There are many reasons behind this choice, and the primary one is it contains various natural ingredients, such as coconut extract, hibiscus, and rose. Additionally, it provides a long-term solution work to your under-eye problem.
Please remember to pick the mask that is suitable for your skin type. Also, do not forget to check through the ingredients list thoroughly.
If you have any questions, please feel free to fire away at the comment section. Besides, if you have any other recommendations for the best under eye masks for thyroid dark circles, I will be happy to know!